This demonstrates how water beads up and slides off a lens treated with Oakleyâ€™s permanent Hydrophobic coating.
The smudge-resistant barrier also repels skin oils and other contaminates. Even the â€œpermanentâ€ ink from a marker comes right off our Hydrophobic coating.
– Prevents moisture buildup
– Fights smudges and repels contaminants
– Makes it easy to keep lenses clean
Making the World’s Best Optics Even Better
Even the worldâ€™s best lenses canâ€™t do their job if theyâ€™re coated with water, oils or dust. Thatâ€™s why we invented Oakley Hydrophobic, a permanent lens coating that prevents those performance killers from threatening your vision in the heat of competition. This world-class optical technology performs three critical functions:
* It prevents moisture buildup, so rain and perspiration wonâ€™t leave streaks and sheens that can compromise your vision. Droplets ball up and bead off the surface.
* It repels oils, making it easier to keep lenses clean. Skin oils, fingerprints and lotions are easily wiped away without leaving residue, so you wonâ€™t get that blurring film common to ordinary lenses.
* It prevents dirt, dust and other particles from clinging to the lens. A lens can carry a static electrical charge that acts like a magnet for airborne particles. Oakley Hydrophobic is engineered to eliminate the charge, so particles aren’t attracted to the lens surface.
With these three performance features, Oakley Hydrophobic technology creates an invisible barrier that easily sheds sweat, rain, sunscreen, skin oils, dirt and dust. The lenses are heavenly to clean and they stay clean longer than ordinary lenses, maintaining the highest level of clarity.