Alpinestars Durban Gore-Tex Boots – Review Video
The Durban is a new concept boot direct from the Alpinestars Technical Fashion Design Studio. The people who created Nero have designed and developed a boot, literally from the ground up, to accompany the rider who uses his trail/tourer for running into town on the commute and taking off for the hills over the weekend. Style and function set the Durban Gore-Tex apart as a flexible, comfortable and eminently practical solution everyday use whatever the surface and whatever the weather, with the added benefit of a 100% waterproof and breathable Gore membrane
- Full grain, ultra soft, leather upper construction for supple feel and flexibility.
- Outer and inner ankle protection
- Unique, single piece, medial outer leather panel, covers the inner leg, heel and inner fore-foot to give a very clean smooth surface for contact with the bike.
- Ankle is protected by a wrap around extension of the medial boot surface panel with two-layer EVA foam, shaped for fit, feel and comfort.
- Shin protection, built-in to the boot structure and hidden below the outer surface leather.
- Ergonomically shaped aluminum buckles, providing easy, comfortable and secure snap closure with micro-adjustable, memory, straps for adjustability.
- Wide entry aperture for convenience with Velcro upper closure flap
- Wide flex bellows in Achilles and in-step to give flexibility and comfort both on and off the bike.
- Out sole is triple injected rubber
- Hard compound pedal and shifter inserts for riding comfort and protection and softer heel and fore-foot sections for grip and shock absorption.
- 2007 Model