Arai Vector Full-Face Helmet – Review Video
Arai’s newest street helmet, the Vector, is the successor to the Astral-X. Not to worry; it picks up where the Astral left off while adding another dimension to the Arai collection.
Not every rider wants – or needs – all the bells and whistles. Still, preferring a minimalistic style shouldn’t mean compromising on quality. The Vector’s “less is more” design is skillfully paired with advanced engineering based on the demanding, rigorous Arai standards.
Functionality plays a huge role in the Vector, as well. Each Arai has to look good, but, more importantly, it has to work. The result of years of talent, passion, and handcrafting is an organic shell shape, wind-slicing aerodynamics, a lower center of gravity, incredible balance, and a lightweight. Top that off with comfort and fit like no other, and you’ve got yourself a Vector.
Arai doesn’t just build helmets. They build Arai helmets.
Features and Benefits
- Intermediate-oval fit
- Hand-formed, organic shell shape conforms closely to the human-head shape, looking better and flowing better in the wind
- Complex Laminate Construction (CLC) with proprietary aerospace technology
- Strong, flexible shell is lightweight to reduce rider fatigue
- Hyper-Ridge reinforcement band at bottom of shell for added strength and lower center of gravity
- Fiberglass-based design allows for excellent spreading and dissipation of impact energy throughout the structure
- One-piece EPS liner comprised of several material densities molded into a single unit
- Direct-fused contact areas between every EPS cell ensures outstanding energy transference and absorption
- EPS liner “molds” to your head shape within a few days, minimizing hot spots
- Liner’s soft, comfortable fit facilitates the use of the smallest, truest helmet size possible
- Flow-through system for exceptional cooling
- Hot, stale air is pulled, rather than pushed, out of the helmet
- Oversized ventilation-vent system with 1 intake and 3 exhaust vents
- Larger, easier-to-operate vent controls accommodate gloved hands
- Each vent features a three-position setting for excellent airflow control
- Brow Vent Faceshield Ventilation System provides cooling air to the upper face area without making holes in the shell’s critical forehead area or in the impact-absorbing liner material
- New cheek pad design allows pads to be removed and cleaned even more easily than before
- Simpler, more user-friendly styling
- Fit can be customized with various padding sizes (sold separately)
- Exclusive brow-vent design brings fresh air in through shield, directing it to the forehead area
- To clear fogging, De-Mist Lock faceshield tab pushes forward to open the shield slightly
- Tool-free LRS shield-removal system for easy faceshield swapping
- Side pods elegantly conceal the shell’s integrity-maintaining 3D curvature beneath the shield’s pivot points
- Certifications: DOT; Snell