Icon Alliance SSR Helmets – Review Video
In a photo the Alliance SSR may look like last year’s Alliance SS but it’s really a new helmet! The SSR has an all new removable washable liner that is made of Icon’s exclusive moisture wicking liner material called Hydra Dry. This, ultra comfortable, Hydra Dry material wicks sweat away from the rider keeping them cooler and dryer. It also evaporates out this moisture twice as fast as previous materials so when you put your helmet back on after a hot ride it won’t be like putting a wet, sweaty sponge on your head.
All Alliance SSR helmets come with Icon’s Fog-Free shield and our quick release mechanism that has been noted as an industry leader is ease of use and durability. The shell of the Alliance SSR is the same injection molded polycarbonate/ABS blend that is has been in the past although upgraded over the original Alliance by passing the Snell M2005 standard as well as DOT. This shell features two Supervents that produce great venting but maintain a streamlined shape.
- Injection molded Polycarbonate/ABS shell for strength
- Snell M2005 and DOT approved
- Fully removable, washable liner
- Wicking Hydra Dry liner material keeps rider cooler, dryer and more comfortable
- Optically correct Fog free, anti scratch coated shield
- Molded twin channel Supervent for increased cooling
- Internal on/off cheek exhaust switch
- Chin vent and breath deflector help exhaust moist air
- 5 different thicknesses of cheek pads available for custom fit