STANLEY DONWOOD ARTIST SERIESÂ OAKLEYÂ JUPITER
Stanley Donwood never thought he could make a living as an artist. But, after realizing he was incapable of doing anything else, he decided give it a try anyway. Turns out it was a good move. Today, Donwood is recognized as one of the UKâ€™s most popular contemporary artists and has exhibited his gallery art to an international fan base in London, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Rotterdam. Since 1994, Donwood has also designed all the artwork for Radiohead and helped create one of musicâ€™s most distinctive brands.
Notoriously reclusive, Donwood has a unique relationship with Oakley. He believes Oakley sunglasses make the world easier to look at. Especially after staying up way too late working on his artwork.
Donwoodâ€™s initial concept for his Artist Series Oakley glasses was to create peril-sensitive sunglasses like the ones described by Douglas Adams in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. They would go completely black at the first sign of danger, saving you from having to look at anything dangerous. Of course, that was impossible. So the artwork on these limited edition frames is adapted from a Donwood piece called â€œLondon Viewsâ€ which shows London being destroyed by fire and flood in a quasi- medieval style. The sunglasses come with matching box and micro bag that are also collectorâ€™s items.
The Stanley Donwood Artist SeriesÂ OAKLEYÂ JUPITERÂ® sunglasses are shaped from lightweight, stress-resistant OÂ MATTERÂ® frame material. 6 base lens curvature optimizes peripheral view. Three-point fit holds lenses in precise optical alignment.PLUTONITEÂ® lens material filters 100% UV. OptionalÂ IRIDIUMÂ® lens coating reduces glare. Optical precision, performance and impact resistance meetsÂ ANSIÂ Z87.1 standards.
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant OÂ MATTERÂ® frame material
- Precision and durability of sculpturally integrated hinge mechanisms with dual actionÂ CAM
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 6 base lens curvature
- Comfort and Performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Oakley HDPolarized -Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet with 99% polarization efficiency
- Optical precision and performance that meets allÂ ANSIÂ Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meetsÂ ANSIÂ Z87.1 basic impact standards
- UV protection ofÂ PLUTONITEÂ® lens material that filters out 100% ofÂ UVA/Â UVB/Â UVCÂ & harmful blue light up to 400 nm
- Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses (+2.0 to -4.0 combined power)
SKU-24-172 – Oakley – Stanley Donwood Jupiter Men’s Polarized Special Editions Artist Series Sunglasses – Polished White/Grey Polarized – $275.00