Oakley skateboarder Bob Burnquist has long championed Green initiatives in environmental protection. To show support, Oakley is pleased to present this special edition FUEL CELL eyewear. The frame is made from excess materials that come from the manufacture of other eyewear, and the eco-conscious design utilizes bamboo for the icon accents and included storage bag. We even made the packaging from recycled materials and soy-based ink. A portion of the proceeds from sales of the Bob Burnquist FUEL CELL will go to the Action Sports Environmental Coalition (ASEC), an organization co-founded by Bob in 2001. With the help of athletes and companies, the organization takes a proactive approach to educate others about environmental responsibility. Oakley is honored to assist in these efforts.
The opportunity to serve such a noble cause alongside Bob Burnquist is an honor, and Oakley is excited to play a role in preserving the Earth’s valuable resources for future generations. The frame is made from excess materials produced from the manufacture of other Oakley eyewear. The eco-conscious design utilizes 100% bamboo for the icon accents. Includes a storage bag made from 100% certified organic bamboo; a sustainable natural fiber that is 100% biodegradable. Packaging is constructed from recycled materials and printed with eco-friendly inks.
- Dual lens POLARIC ELLIPSOID geometry
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of IRIDIUM lens coating (optional)
- Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses (+2.00 through -4.00 combined power)
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
OO9096-51 – Oakley – Bob Burnquist Recycled Fuel Cell – Reground Black/warm Grey – $110.00