Troy Lee Designs (TLD) is recognized as the worlds premier custom helmet paint shop. Troys dad was born into racing, and lucky for us, it got into Troys blood at an early age. “You hear the sound of motorcycles and cars when youre in the womb, and youre just born with it. Man, I know I was,” said Troy. He became a racing pro in Southern California by the late 70s and spent his spare time painting helmets in his parents garage. Soon everyone wanted a piece of his art, and it ended up on the helmets of Oakley MX pros like Mark Barnett and Jeff Ward. TLD is how todays warriors of steel and octane carry their colors into battle, and countless racers have worn the companys mind-bending designs.
We set Troy loose on the OAKLEY JUPITER LX frame. Two Artist Series editions were born, and each carries a TLD design that turns premium optics into visionary art. Choose the Polished frame with black graphics on the exterior surface, or go with the Polished Black frame that has silver colored graphics on the interior. Both are made of seven layers of acetate and feature metal band accents, metal icons, and Troys signature printed on the inner surface of the stem. These special editions come with Grey lenses that help you maintain color recognition in average sun brightness.
OAKLEY JUPITER LX is engineered with optical performance that passes all ANSI Z80.3 standards. As far as protection, it meets ANSI Z87.1 basic standards for impact resistance, and the optically pure PLUTONITE lenses filter out every single ray of UV, not just UVA and UVB. Our unrivaled Three-Point Fit keeps the lenses in precise optical alignment while ensuring all-day comfort.
This Artist Series special edition comes in custom packaging, and a custom-printed MICROCLEAR bag is included for lens cleaning and frame storage. You can get Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses for either of these designs, and many lens options are available for our prescription optics.
- Oakley Artist Series special edition with graphics by Troy Lee Designs
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight handmade acetate
- Sculpturally integrated hinge mechanisms
- Extended peripheral vision and side protection of six base lens curvature
- Comfort of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- PLUTONITE lenses to filter out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Visual clarity, precision and performance that meets ANSI Z80.3 standards
- Impact resistance that meets ANSI Z87.1 basic standards
- Metal band accents and metal icons
- Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses (+2.0 to -4.0 combined power)
24-175 – Oakley – Troy Lee Jupiter LX – Polished Black/Grey – $195.00
24-190 – Oakley – Troy Lee Jupiter LX – Polished White/Grey – $195.00