Oakley PLAINTIFF takes the time-honored aviator look to new heights with dimensional stem detailing and the mechanics of titanium MONO SHOCK hinges. The engineering was inspired by the leaf springs of performance racing machines and it allows the stems to hyper flex when necessary. That means this aviator can handle life’s turbulence, so it’s more than just a new take on a classic look.
Aviators from the old days had flat lenses, so performance fell flat and style was two-dimensional. Oakley PLAINTIFF has 8.75 base curvature, which means the lenses are contoured for a better look and better seeing. HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS (HDO) makes it possible with innovations like XYZ OPTICS that extend visual clarity all the way to the periphery. Lightweight C-5 alloy takes comfort and durability sky high with unique frame architecture. Our Three-Point Fit does away with hooked stems, and ensures that PLAINTIFF makes contact only at the bridge of the nose and the temples, and the O-MATTER stem sleeves ensure a secure fit.
Now that you’ve found the perfect look, it’s time to choose the ultimate vision. Options include Oakley IRIDIUM lens coating that further reduce glare while balancing light transmission. If you need prescription correction, get them with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses in a variety of colors and options.
- Optimized peripheral view and side coverage of 8.75 Base lens geometry
- Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z80.3 standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of IRIDIUM lens coatings (optional)
- Available with Oakley prescription lenses (+2.00 through -3.00 combined power)
- Ultra-lightweight hi-modulus C-5 metal frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Custom engineered titanium MONO SHOCK hinge
OO4057-13 – Oakley – Hell Collection Plaintiff – Matte Black/Fire Iridium – $160.00