We teamed with Eric Koston, a legendary skate innovator and icon of urban style to create three limited editions that salute the vintage roots of authentic design. Optimized with High Definition Optics, their classic look honors the era that redefined street style and brought action sports to the forefront. The unique renditions of Frogskins, Holbrook and Plaintiff will be available in limited numbers, so don’t miss the opportunity to get your greedy little hands on these rare collectibles.
Eric Koston has eared Gold in the X Games, Gravity Games, and Globe World Contest. The fearless master of street skate progression is also a genuine tastemaker- a style innovator who sets the pace for others to follow. We’re glad his creativity goes beyond four wheels and a deck because we had the honor of collaborating with him on this new Oakley Signature Series.
The Special Edition Frogskins and Holbrook have Brown Tortoise frames of durable yet comfortably lightweight O Matter, and both have a Koston Emblem printed on the inner facing of one earstem. Plaintiff is made of our ultra lightweight C-5 alloy, and the frame finish for this edition is Brown Camo. All three designs are matched with Dark Bronze lenses that tune light transmission for bright sun, boosting visual contrast to give depth perception a kick in the right direction. Each sunglass comes in a collectible bag with brown tortoise print, and the Microclear material is specially engineered for lens cleaning.
The classic frames of fighter pilots are strafing the streets these days, but to carry our icon, they have to earn their wings. Oakley Plaintiff takes the time-honored look to new heights with dimensional stem detailing and the mechanics of Mono Shock hinges. The engineering was inspired by the leaf springs of performance racing machines, and it allows the stems to hyper flex when necessary. That means this high flyer of style can handle life’s turbulence, so it’s more than just a new take on a classic look.
Pilot glasses from the old days had flat lenses, so performance fell flat and style was two-dimensional. Oakley Plaintiff has 8.75 base curvature, which means the lenses are controured for a better look and better seeing. High Definition Optics (HDO) makes it possible with innovations like XYZ Optics that extend visual clarity all the way to the periphery. Lightweight C-5 alloy takes comfort and durability sky high with unique frame architecture. Our Three-Point Fit does away with hooked stems, and our Unobtainium earsocks increase grip when you perspire.
- Oakley HDPolarized -Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet (optional)
- Optimized peripheral view and side coverage of 8.75 Base lens geometry
- Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z80.3 standards
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium lens coatings (optional)
- Available with Oakley prescription lenses
- Ultra-lightweight hi-modulus C-5 metal frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Custom engineered titanium Mono Shock hinge
- Included: Collection specific Microclear bag for storage and lens cleaning
OO4057-16 – Oakley – Eric Koston Plaintiff – Brown Camo/Dark Bronze – $170.00