Arai Quantum 2 Full-Face Helmet – Review Video
The Quantum-2 represents the most sweeping changes made to Arai’s best-selling helmet since the introduction of the Quantum/f in 2000 – that’s nine major upgrades and changes in all. Proof of Arai’s dedication to rider comfort and protection, the Quantum-2’s Super Complex Laminate Construction (Super CLC) shell utilizes the latest generation of proprietary aerospace-fiberglass technology to achieve an exceptionally strong, flexible shell in an extremely lightweight package.
Most companies wouldn’t touch their bestseller. But the Arai Way is about building motorcycle helmets the best way humanly possible.
The Arai Quantum-2: The best just got better.
Features and Benefits
- Round-oval fit
- Brow Vent Faceshield Ventilation System provides cooling air to the upper face area without making holes in the shell’s critical forehead area or in the impact-absorbing liner material
- Efficient top-mounted TD-4 vent design is recessed into the shell for a clean look
- Dual-pivot hinge mechanism makes for a more easily-operable, single-span chin vent gate with increased airflow capacity
- Breathguard deflects air away to prevent fogging and is the same one featured in the RX-7 Corsair
- Constructed of Super Complex Laminate Construction (Super CLC), a material 40 times stronger than standard fiberglass in resistance to extension and bending
- Redesigned aerodynamic shape with molded features that add character, increase shell strength, and enhance the performance of the upgraded side-exhaust vents
- Similar to the RX-7 Corsair, as a way of minimizing wind turbulence over the shield and onto the shell, the gap between the two has been reduced
- Unique pull-down chin spoiler to further minimize wind noise
- As on the RX-7 Corsair and Astral models, the SAJ side pods have a clean, low-profile look and are easy to operate
- Optically-correct, preformed faceshields for better vision and UV-ray protection with less distortion
- To clear fogging, De-Mist Lock faceshield tab pushes forward to open the shield slightly
- Fully-removable, washable interior liner and cheekpads
- Certifications: DOT; Snell
- Weight (approx.): 3.4 lbs. / 1537 g