At the age when most of us were toddling into walls, Julian Wilson was in the ocean, standing on a surfboard. By age three, his mom was pushing him onto the inside waves at First Point. He earned the Queensland titles nine years later. Then came state titles, multiple podiums at Pro Juniors, and the ISA World Junior Championship title in 2006. Recent years include a perfect 10 at the Pro Junior in Bali, a top finish at O’Neill Mission, and “Best Male Performance” at the 35th Annual Surfer Poll and Video Awards. We figure Julian was born with saltwater in his veins, and with all his surfing success, a Signature Series DISPATCH sunglass was in order.
The icons on the Julian Wilson DISPATCH have a work of art created by the surfer’s own mother. You’ll find a signature print and more art inside the earstemsof the Polished Black frame, including graphical film strips that honor Julian’s premier surfing movie, “Scratching the Surface.” The production was an 18-month shoot that took him to exotic locales and the kind of waves you don’t see beyond dreams. Julian chose chrome for the earstem bands of DISPATCH, and for the lenses, Grey is perfect for helping him maintain color recognition in medium to bright light.
Go check out the DISPATCH webpage to learn about this premium Oakley frame, and be sure to check out “Scratching the Surface” when it explodes across the silver screen.
- Grey Lens -Medium to bright light. Excellent all-purpose lens offering truer color perception in sunny conditions
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 6 base lens curvature
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses (+2.0 to -3.00 combined power)
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O MATTER frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal band and icon accents, with interchangeable Oakley icons
- Additional pair of interchangeable “O” icons included in Polished Chrome
009090-10 – Oakley – Julian Wilson Dispatch – Polished Black/Grey – $160.00