He was a pioneer and a phenom, a legendary big mountain skier and BASE jumper who touched clouds, carved slopes and cracked smiles in everyone who had the honor of knowing him. In 2009, long time Oakley athlete, Shane McConkey died while ski basing in the Dolomite Mountains of Italy. The world lost one of the most versatile skiers in the history of the sport. The industry lost a ski design innovator. And many lost a good friend.
Oakley is honoring the life and memory of Shane McConkey with this special edition CROWBAR SNOW goggle. Shane was a talented athlete who won everything from mogul tour events to big mountain competitions, skiercross races, and big air events during his 17-year pro career. Oakley has been a proud part of winter sports for decades, and the company chose one of its most coveted goggle designs for this commemorative edition. The unique art is inspired by metalwork created by Shane’s wife Sherry. Oakley is providing 10% of the proceeds from this goggle to Shane’s wife and daughter.
Visit our web page for CROWBAR SNOW and you’ll learn about all the performance and protection that makes it the first choice of countless winter athletes. This commemorative design comes with three lens color options. Go with Grey Polarized and you’ll have Oakley’s premium HDPolarized optics for glare-cutting performance in bright sun. Choose the version with Black IRIDIUM for blinding days when it feels like the sun is resting on the summit. For the low light of overcast skies, the specially formulated High Intensity Yellow lens boosts visual contrast to bring out detail and improve depth perception. This is a 2011 Model.
- Increased lens sizing for greater visual range
- Anti-fog treated ballistic lens
- Patented XYZ OPTICS
- PLUTONITE lens material provides 100% protection against UVA, UVB, UVCand harmful blue light
- Polarized lens option available
- Flexible O MATTER chassis
- Balanced Fit (with out without a helmet) Via O MATTER Strap outriggers
- Triple fleece face foam for maximum moisture wicking and comfort
- Re-designed facial fit contour
- Metal icon accent
- Designed for medium faces
Available in Black Iridium